CLICK HERE for registration information. Be sure to check your LIFER or REPEAT OFFENDER status for entry discounts.
CLICK HERE for PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
RELAY DATE: SUNDAY, October 20, 2019
RELAY START TIME: 7:30 a.m.
START LOCATION: Folsom Lake Crossing, 1 mile East of the bridge (aka the Johnny Cash Bridge).
RELAY EXCHANGE LOCATION: tbd
FINISH LOCATION: Folsom Station Plaza in Historic Folsom: Map
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR ALL ENTRANTS:
GETTING TO THE START: The event is run on a point-to-point course. The starting line is 2 miles away from the finish line.
- Take the bus (please read these important bus ticket details). This information has all the latest details.
- For runners staying at select Folsom Hotels: A FREE relay bus will pick you up and take you to the start (6:00 am bus). See a list of these Folsom hotels here. Be sure to select the bus to the start option when you register. If you did not do this and need a ticket, it is still free, but you must sign up for one by October 14. After Oct. 14, you must do this at Friday or Saturday Packet Pick Up. This pdf gives you instructions for editing your online race information to add on a bus ticket.
- For all other runners, you may purchase a bus-to-the-start ticket ($8) when you register. If you did not do this and need a ticket, you must sign up for one by October 14, but you must sign up for one by October 14. After Oct. 14, you must do this at Friday or Saturday Packet Pick Up. This pdf gives you instructions for purchasing a bus ticket on your current race registration form. Buses will depart at 6:00 am.
- First Leg Relay Runners: your bus-to-the-start ticket includes a bus ride from the Relay Exchange back to the finish area.
- Get dropped off.
- Runner drop-offs may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road by the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge or at the intersection of East Natoma and the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge. Be there by 7:00 am for the 7:30 am start.
- Runners may also park at the finish line and utilize the 2-mile distance to the start line as a warm-up prior to the start of the race.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
RACE DAY ROAD CLOSURES:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge: 5 am to 8 am
- Folsom Auburn Road between Folsom Crossing Bridge and Oak Ave.: 7 am to 8:30 am
GETTING to the RELAY EXCHANGE:
- For runners staying at Folsom Hotels: a FREE relay bus will take you to the relay exchange location (6:30 am bus).
- For all other relay runners: you may purchase a bus-to-the-relay-exchange ticket when you register. If you did not do this and need a ticket, you must sign up for one by October 14. After Oct. 14, you must do this at Friday or Saturday Packet Pick Up. This pdf has instructions for signing up for a bus ticket using your race registration form.
- Relay Exchange Leg 2 runner's bus will depart at 6:30 am for the exchange location.
- Read these important bus ticket details.
- Personal vehicle drop-off instructions: runners may be dropped off at the Iron Point Light Rail Station near Folsom Outlet Stores located on Folsom Blvd (map). Plenty of parking is available here. The relay runner will then cross Folsom Blvd. at the Iron Pt. Rd. signal to access the path to the Relay Exchange location. It is a 0.2-mile-walk from the drop-off to the Relay Exchange .
- Beautiful and unique, Johnny-themed finisher medallions are awarded to all finishers of the Half Marathon, Relay and 5K. First leg relay runners will receive their medallion at the exchange zone after they finish their leg.
- For the Half Marathon & 5K, custom awards will be presented to the top three men and women finishers for age divisions as follows: 19 & under, then 5-year age divisions until age 79, then 80 & older. For the Relay, the top 3 teams in each division (coed, all men, all women) will receive custom awards.
FINISH AREA PARKING
Parking is available at the finish line in a FREE parking garage. Street parking is also available and free. We recommend you chose your bus transportation from select hotels other than the Lake Natoma Inn, since this hotel's parking is limited.