CLICK HERE for registration information. Be sure to check your LIFER or REPEAT OFFENDER status for entry discounts.
CLICK HERE for PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
RELAY DATE: SUNDAY, October 18, 2019
RELAY START TIME: 7:30 a.m.
START LOCATION: Folsom Lake Crossing, 0.5 mile East of the bridge (aka the Johnny Cash Bridge).
RELAY EXCHANGE LOCATION: At the 6-mile mark on the north side of Lake Natoma.
FINISH LOCATION: Folsom Station Plaza in Historic Folsom
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR ALL ENTRANTS:
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number and timing chip issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling of these items is illegal. It compromises the integrity of the results and may result in mishandling of emergency situations due to inaccurate competitor information. Anyone found guilty of this will be banned from entering future events.
- No entry fee refunds under any circumstances.
- No entry fee deferrals to a future event under any circumstances.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- Wearing of headphones, ipods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates, bicycles, pets.
- Race services are limited to a 3:30 finish time pace (a 16 min. per mile pace).
- Relay runners timing chip must be worn as follows: on the ankle using the strap provided, no higher than six inches from the ground. After the race, if you did not return your timing chip at the finish or for any reason still have your timing chip, please place in a padded mailer and mail to:
Folsom Blues Breakout
120 Ponderosa Court
Folsom, CA 95630
GETTING TO THE START: The event is run on a point-to-point course. The starting line is 2 miles away from the finish line.
- Highly recommended! TAKE THE BUS! Please read these important busing details for the Half Marathon, Relay and 5K runners.
- Get dropped off.
- Runner drop-offs may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road by the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge or at the intersection of East Natoma and the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge. Be there by 7:00 am for the 7:30 am start.
- Runners may also park at the finish line and utilize the 2-mile distance to the start line as a warm-up prior to the start of the race.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
RACE DAY ROAD CLOSURES:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge: 5 am to 8 am
- Folsom Auburn Road between Folsom Crossing Bridge and Oak Ave.: 7 am to 8:30 am
GETTING to the RELAY EXCHANGE:
- For runners staying at Folsom Hotels: a FREE relay bus will take you to the relay exchange location (6:30 am bus).
- For all other relay runners: you may purchase a bus-to-the-relay-exchange ticket when you register. If you did not do this and need a ticket, you must sign up for one by October 14. After Oct. 14, you must do this at Friday or Saturday Packet Pick Up. This pdf has instructions for signing up for a bus ticket using your race registration form.
- Relay Exchange Leg 2 runner's bus will depart at 6:30 am for the exchange location.
- Personal vehicle drop-off instructions: details tbd.
- Beautiful and unique, Johnny-themed finisher medallions are awarded to all finishers of the Half Marathon, Relay and 5K. First leg relay runners will receive their medallion at the exchange zone after they finish their leg.
- NEW FOR THE OCT. 18, 2020 EVENTS: RACE DAY MORNING AWARD PICK UP!
- 5K - begin to be available by 8:30
- Half Marathon/Relay - begin to be available by 9:00am
- Awards will not be mailed, and if not picked up race day, they will be available for pick up beginning Monday afternoon at a place to be determined.
- For the Half Marathon & 5K, there are custom awards for the top three men and women finishers in these age divisions: 19 & under, then 5-year age divisions until age 79, then 80 & older. For the Relay, the top 3 teams in each division (coed, all men, all women) will receive custom awards.
FINISH AREA PARKING
Parking is available at the finish line in a FREE parking garage. Street parking is also available and free. We recommend you chose your bus transportation from select hotels other than the Lake Natoma Inn, since this hotel's parking is limited.