CLICK HERE for registration information. Be sure to check your LIFER or REPEAT OFFENDER status for entry discounts.
CLICK HERE for PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
RELAY DATE: SUNDAY, October 23, 2022
RELAY START TIME: 7:45 a.m.
START LOCATION: Folsom Lake Crossing, 0.6 mile East of the bridge (aka the Johnny Cash Bridge).
GETTING TO THE START FOR RELAY RUNNERS #1: The event is run on a point-to-point course. The start line is ~3 miles away from the finish line.
- CLICK HERE for 2022 Relay Bus to the Start & Exchange information.
- Get Dropped Off at the Start:
- There is no parking at the start area.
- Due to potential traffic congestion, we encourage those being dropped off to arrive at least 1/2 hour (7:15 a.m.) before the 7:45 a.m. start time.
- Folsom Crossing Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic starting at 5:00 am.
- Runner drop-offs to access the Start may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road at the Folsom Lake Crossing intersection (0.6-mile from the start) or on Folsom Lake Crossing at the East Natoma Ave. intersection (1.3 miles from the start).
- Run to the start line from the finish area, using the Jed Smith Memorial Trail (also known as the Lake Natoma Trail), approximately 3 miles. Free parking is available at the parking structure next to the finish area.
GETTING TO THE RELAY EXCHANGE FOR RELAY RUNNERS #2
- CLICK HERE for 2022 Bus to the Relay Exchange information.
- Relay Exchange for individual drop-off instructions details:
- Runner #2 will park at the Relay Exchange. Access is off Main Ave. in Orangevale (map).
- There is a dirt road there which will be staffed to allow Relay runners into the park. An access pass for Runner #2 will be included in your relay packet.
- After the Relay Exchange, Runner #1 will use Runner #2's car to return to the finish.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
AT THE START there will be porta-potties and drop bag service to return leg #1 runners' gear to the finish. Do not place any essential or valuable items (keys, cell phones, etc.) in the drop bag.
RELAY EXCHANGE LOCATION: Near the 6-mile mark on the north side of Lake Natoma.
FINISH LOCATION: Folsom Station Plaza in Historic Folsom
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR ALL ENTRANTS:
- Your Relay race bibs will NOT be mailed to you. You must pick them up at Packet Pick Up. Packet Pick Up Information
- You may pick up a friend's packet.
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number and timing chip issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling of these items is illegal. It compromises the integrity of the results and may result in mishandling of emergency situations due to inaccurate competitor information. Anyone found guilty of this will be banned from entering future events.
- No entry fee refunds under any circumstances.
- No entry fee deferrals to a future event under any circumstances.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- Wearing of headphones, ipods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates, bicycles, pets.
- Race services are limited to a 3:30 finish time pace (a 16 min. per mile pace).
- Relay runners timing chip must be worn as follows: on the ankle using the strap provided, no higher than six inches from the ground. After the race, if you did not return your timing chip at the finish or for any reason still have your timing chip, please place in a padded mailer and mail to:
Folsom Blues Breakout
120 Ponderosa Court
Folsom, CA 95630
RACE DAY ROAD CLOSURES:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge: 5 am to 8 am
- Folsom Auburn Road between Folsom Crossing Bridge and Oak Ave.: 7 am to 8:30 am
- Beautiful and unique, Johnny-themed finisher medallions are awarded to all finishers of the Half Marathon, Relay (both team members) and 5K. First leg relay runners will receive their medallion at the exchange zone after they finish their leg.
- TOP THREE IN EACH DIVISION AWARDS
- These will be mailed to the recipients. It will take about 6 weeks. Please be patient, your award will be worth the wait!
- For the Relay, the top 3 teams in each division (coed, all men, all women) will receive custom awards.
FINISH AREA PARKING
Parking is available at the finish line in the FREE parking garage in Folsom Station Plaza. Street parking is also available and free.