CLICK HERE for registration Information.
CLICK HERE for PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
RACE DATE: SUNDAY, October 23, 2022
RACE START TIME: 7:45 a.m.
START LOCATION: Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (aka the Johnny Cash Bridge) Please note that there is no parking at the start area.
GETTING TO THE START
- CLICK HERE for 2022 Bus to the Start information.
- Getting Dropped Off at the Start
- Runner drop-offs may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road by the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (0.6-mile from the start) or on Folsom Lake Crossing at East Natoma Ave. 1.3 miles from the start.
- Important notes:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic starting at 5:00 am.
- Access to the Runner Drop Off is on Folsom Auburn Road is via Douglas Ave. (0.6 mile to the 13.1/Relay and the 5K start.
- Access to Runner Drop Off on Folsom Lake Crossing is at East Natoma Ave. (1.3 miles to the 13.1/Relay and 5K start.
- Due to potential traffic congestion, we encourage those being dropped off to arrive at least 1/2 hour (7:15 a.m.) before the 7:45 a.m. start time.
- There is no parking at the start area.
- Run to the start line from the finish area, using the Jed Smith Memorial Trail (also known as the Lake Natoma Trail), approximately 3 miles. Free parking is available at the parking structure next to the finish area.
- There will be porta-potties and drop bag service at the start area. Drop bags will be transported to the finish. DO NOT put anything important or valuable (car keys, cell phones, etc.) in the drop bags.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
RACE DAY ROAD CLOSURES:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge: 5 am to 8 am
- Folsom Auburn Road between Folsom Crossing Bridge and Oak Ave.: 7 am to 8:30 am
- Beautiful and unique, Johnny-themed finisher medallions are awarded to all finishers of the Half Marathon, Relay and 5K. First leg relay runners will receive their medallion at the exchange zone after they finish their leg.
- AGE DIVISION AWARDS
- These will be mailed to the recipients. It will take about 6 weeks. Please be patient, your award will be worth the wait!
- For the Half Marathon, there are custom awards for the top three men and women finishers in these age divisions: 19 & under, then 5-year age divisions until age 79, then 80 & older. For the Relay, the top 3 teams in each division (coed, all men, all women) will receive custom awards.
RACE RULES & GUIDELINES - many of these apply to the 5K and the Relay.
- Your race bib will NOT be mailed to you. Packet Pick Up Information
- You may pick up a friend's packet.
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number and timing chip issued to that runner.
- Transferring and/or selling of these items is illegal. It compromises the integrity of the results and may result in mishandling of emergency situations due to inaccurate competitor information. Anyone found guilty of this will be banned from entering future events.
- No entry fee refunds, deferrals under any circumstances.
- No entry fee deferrals to a future event under any circumstances.
- Race Management strongly discourages anyone younger than 12 years old from running 13.1 miles due to the likelihood of injury to under-developed bones. Even a 12-year-old could be at risk. Consider having younger runners participate in the 5K or the Kids 1K Breakaway.
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- Wearing of headphones, ipods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates, bicycles.
- Walkers are welcome to enter the Half Marathon but please be aware that due to event permits, race services are limited to a 3:30 finish time pace (a 16 min. per mile pace). Be sure to carry extra hydration and food supplies if you plan to be slower than this pace. We always try to keep the finish line open longer than the 3:30 official finish time, but cannot guarantee this to happen much longer than that time.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- Timing chips
- Individual event runners must wear the timing chip securely attached to the top of the shoe.
- Relay runners must wear the timing chip on the ankle using the strap provided, no higher than six inches from the ground.
- After the race, if you did not return your timing chip at the finish or for any reason still have your timing chip, please place it in a padded mailer and mail to:
Folsom Blues Breakout
120 Ponderosa Court
Folsom, CA 95630