For ALL runners staying at select Folsom hotels:
- Bus to the start for you is FREE. Note that the reservation page is the same as for those who need to purchase a ticket, but the first field on the form gives you the option to select the free hotel guest reservation.
- Click here for instructions about signing up for a bus ticket on your race registration form. You must do this by October 14.
For ALL runners NOT staying at select Folsom hotels:
- For an $8 fee ($10 at Packet Pick Up), busing from select Folsom hotels and from Dick's Sporting Goods store is available to all Folsom Blues runners, not just hotel guests.
- If you did not purchase a bus ticket when you registered, and decide you need one, click here for instructions about signing up for a bus ticket on your race registration form. You must make this change by Oct. 14.
Note that the Half Marathon/Relay Start is ~1 mile from the Folsom-Auburn Rd./Folsom Lake Crossing Intersection.
IMPORTANT bus ticket details:
- There are no online bus ticket purchases after Oct. 14. They may be purchased at the Friday and Saturday, and on Race Day packet pick up only at Dick's Sporting Goods.
- Race day packet pick up opens at 5:30 am for the Half Marathon, Relay and 5K only at Dick's Sporting Goods in Folsom. You must select this option on your race registration form and purchase a Dick's Sporting Goods bus location to the start ticket ($8). There is free parking in the store's parking lot. Buses depart from this location at 6:00 am.
- IMPORTANT: If you want to make changes to your bus ticket information on your race registration, you must do this by Oct. 14. Follow these instructions for editing your registration to change your bus pick up location or to purchase your bus ticket. If you already have a bus ticket, and you are switching to race day packet pick up, you must change the bus pick up location to Dick's Sporting Goods.
- If you have not yet registered, your bus ticket may be purchased and bus pick up location selected when you register for the Half Marathon, 5K or Relay.
- Parking is limited at the finish area hotel (Lake Natoma Inn), so it is best to use the other select Folsom hotels, where parking is abundant.
- There is free shuttle bus service from the finish area back to all the select Folsom hotels and to Dick's Sporting Goods.
- These hotels are all within just a few miles of the finish area.
- Your bus ticket will be on your bib number on a tag printed with "bus."
- Half Marathon, 5K and FIRST leg RELAY runners must be parked and ready to board the bus at their selected hotel location before 6:00 am for a 6:00 am departure.
- Half Marathon, 5K and FIRST leg RELAY runners must be parked at the Dick's Sporting Goods location in time to pick up their packet (begins at 5:30am) and then board the bus for the 6:00am departure to the start.
- Buses will stay at the start area until the race starts, and you may stay on the bus.
- Buses for the SECOND leg RELAY runners leave at 6:30 am from select Folsom Hotels & Dick's Sporting Goods to transport these runners to the exchange location. These same buses will transport FIRST leg RELAY runners back to the finish area.
- Buses are for runners only - no spectators please.
Getting back to your car: your bus ticket purchase includes shuttle bus service from the finish area back to all the select Folsom hotels and to Dick's Parking lot. These are all within a few miles of the finish area.
Return to the Half Marathon page, the Relay page or the 5K page for details about runners using their own transportation to be dropped off at the start area.