DATE AND TIME: Saturday, October 18 at 8:00 a.m.
START LOCATION: Johnny Cash Bridge (also known as Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge)
GETTING TO THE START: The event is run on a point-to-point course. The starting line is 2 miles away from the finish line.
- Buses to the Start
- FREE for those staying at participating Folsom hotels. Click here for the list of those hotels. Be sure to select the bus option when you register.
- For ALL runners NOT staying at select Folsom hotels: there is a "purchase a bus ticket option" to select when you register for your event.
- Be sure to read these IMPORTANT details about bus times, locations, shuttles from the finish back to your cars... and more!
- Getting dropped off at the Start
- Runner drop-offs may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road by the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (1/4 mile walk to start) or at the intersection of East Natoma and the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (1 mile walk to start).
- Important notes:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic starting at 5:30 am.
- Access to the start area from the south is on Folsom-Auburn Road from Greenback Lane. This access will be closed starting at 7:45 am. Due to potential traffic congestion, we encourage those being dropped off to arrive well ahead of the 7:45 a.m. road closure.
- Access to the start area from the north is from Folsom Auburn Road via Douglas Ave. Due to potential traffic congestion, we encourage those being dropped off to arrive well ahead of the 8 a.m. start time.
- There is no parking at the start area.
- Runners may also park at the finish line and utilize the 2 mile distance to the start line as a warm-up prior to the start of the race.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
Race Rules & Guidelines
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- Wearing of headphones, ipods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates, bicycles.
- Race services are limited to a 3:30 finish time pace (a 16 min. per mile pace).
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number and timing chip issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling of these items is illegal.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- Timing chips
- Your race bib will NOT be mailed to you; you must pick it up at Sports Authority (430 Palladio Parkway, Folsom) on Thursday or Friday.
- You may pick up a friend's packet.