CLICK HERE for PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
RACE DATE AND TIME: SUNDAY, October 23, 2016; Half Marathon starts at 7:30 a.m.
START LOCATION: Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (aka the Johnny Cash Bridge) Please note that there is no parking at the start area.
GETTING TO THE START: The event is run on a point-to-point course. The starting line is 2 miles from the finish line.
- Buses to the Start:
- FREE for those staying at participating Folsom hotels. Click here for the list of those hotels. Be sure to select the bus option when you register. If you did not do this and need a ticket, it is still free, but you must sign up for one by October 10. This pdf will explain how to edit your registration information to add on your bus ticket.
- For ALL runners NOT staying at select Folsom hotels:
- There is a "purchase a bus ticket option" to select when you register for your event.
- If you did not purchase a bus ticket to the start when you registered for your race and have decided that you want one, this pdf will explain how to add on a bus ticket to your race registration. Deadline for bus ticket purchase is Oct. 10 at 11:59 pm.
- Be sure to read these IMPORTANT details about bus times, locations, shuttles from the finish back to your cars... and more!
- Getting dropped off at the Start
- Runner drop-offs may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road by the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (1/4 mile walk to start) or on Folsom Lake Crossing also about 1/4 mile from the start. Click here for a start area map showing these runner drop off locations.
- Important notes:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic starting at 5:00 am.
- Access to Runner Drop Off on Folsom Auburn Road is via Douglas Ave.
- Access to Runner Drop Off on Folsom Lake Crossing is via East Natoma Ave.
- Due to potential traffic congestion, we encourage those being dropped off to arrive at least 1/2 hour (7:00 a.m.) before the 7:30 a.m. start time.
- There is no parking at the start area.
- Runners may also park at the finish line and run the 2-mile distance to the start line as a warm-up prior to the start of the race.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
- Beautiful and unique, Johnny-themed finisher medallions are awarded to all finishers of the Half Marathon, Relay and 5K. First leg relay runners will receive their medallion at the exchange zone after they finish their leg.
- For the Half Marathon & 5K, custom awards will be presented to the top three men and women finishers for 19 & under, then 5-year age divisions until age 79, then 80 & older. For the Relay, the top 3 teams in each division (coed, all men, all women) will receive custom awards.
- Dick's Sporting Goods is providing Gift Certificates to Half Marathon Finishers as follows:
- $100 gift certificates for the top 3 women/men (Half Marathon)
- $50 gift certificates for the top 3 women/men (5k)
- $20 gift certificates for each member of the top three Relay Teams in each division (Coed, Men, Women)
Race Rules & Guidelines - many of these apply to the 5K and the Relay.
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number and timing chip issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling of these items is illegal. It compromises the integrity of the results and may result in mishandling of emergency situations due to inaccurate competitor information. Anyone found guilty of this will be banned from entering future events.
- No entry fee refunds under any circumstances.
- No entry fee deferrals to a future event under any circumstances.
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- Wearing of headphones, ipods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates, bicycles.
- Walkers are welcome to enter the Half Marathon but please be aware that due to event permits, race services are limited to a 3:30 finish time pace (a 16 min. per mile pace). Be sure to carry extra hydration and food supplies if you plan to be slower than this pace. We always try to keep the finish line open longer than the 3:30 finish time, but cannot guarantee this to happen much longer than that time.
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- Timing chips
- Individual event runners must wear the timing chip securely attached to the top of the shoe.
- Relay runners must wear the timing chip on the ankle using the strap provided, no higher than six inches from the ground.
- After the race, if you did not return your timing chip at the finish or for any reason still have your timing chip, please place in a padded mailer and mail to:
Folsom Blues Breakout
120 Ponderosa Court
Folsom, CA 95630