CLICK HERE for PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
RACE DATE AND TIME: SUNDAY, October 18, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.
START LOCATION: Johnny Cash Bridge (also known as Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge)
GETTING TO THE START: The event is run on a point-to-point course. The starting line is 2 miles away from the finish line.
- Buses to the Start: This information may be updated for 2015.
- FREE for those staying at participating Folsom hotels. Click here for the list of those hotels. Be sure to select the bus option when you register.
- For ALL runners NOT staying at select Folsom hotels:
- There is a "purchase a bus ticket option" to select when you register for your event.
- Use this link to purchase a bus ticket if you did not do so when you registered. Deadline for bus ticket purchase is Oct. 10 at 11:59 pm.
- Be sure to read these IMPORTANT details about bus times, locations, shuttles from the finish back to your cars... and more!
- Getting dropped off at the Start
- Runner drop-offs may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road by the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (1/4 mile walk to start) or on Folsom Lake Crossing also about 1/4 mile from the start. Click here for a start area map showing these runner drop off locations.
- Important notes:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic starting at 5:30 am.
- Access to Runner Drop Off on Folsom Auburn Road is via Douglas Ave.
- Access to Runner Drop Off on Folsom Lake Crossing is via East Natoma Ave.
- Due to potential traffic congestion, we encourage those being dropped off to arrive at least 1/2 hour before the 8 a.m. start time.
- There is no parking at the start area.
- Runners may also park at the finish line and use the 2-mile distance to the start line as a warm-up prior to the start of the race.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
Race Rules & Guidelines
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number and timing chip issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling of these items is illegal.
- No entry refunds or deferrals under any circumstances.
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- Wearing of headphones, ipods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates, bicycles.
- Race services are limited to a 3:30 finish time pace (a 16 min. per mile pace).
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- Timing chips
- Individual event runners must wear the timing chip securely attached to the top of the shoe.
- Relay runners must wear the timing chip on the ankle using the strap provided, no higher than six inches from the ground.
- After the race, if you did not return your timing chip at the finish or for any reason still have your timing chip, please place in a padded mailer and mail to:
Folsom Blues Breakout
120 Ponderosa Court
Folsom, CA 95630
- Your race bib will NOT be mailed to you; you must pick it up at Sports Authority (430 Palladio Parkway, Folsom) on Friday or Saturday.
- You may pick up a friend's packet.