CLICK HERE for PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
RACE DATE AND TIME: SUNDAY, October 18, 2015 at 7:30 a.m.
START LOCATION: Johnny Cash Bridge (also known as Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge)
GETTING TO THE START: The event is run on a point-to-point course. The starting line is 2 miles away from the finish line.
- Buses to the Start: This information may be updated for 2015.
- FREE for those staying at participating Folsom hotels. Click here for the list of those hotels. Be sure to select the bus option when you register.
- For ALL runners NOT staying at select Folsom hotels:
- There is a "purchase a bus ticket option" to select when you register for your event.
- Use this link to purchase a bus ticket if you did not do so when you registered. Deadline for bus ticket purchase is Oct. 10 at 11:59 pm.
- Be sure to read these IMPORTANT details about bus times, locations, shuttles from the finish back to your cars... and more!
- Getting dropped off at the Start
- Runner drop-offs may occur on Folsom-Auburn Road by the Folsom Lake Crossing Bridge (1/4 mile walk to start) or on Folsom Lake Crossing also about 1/4 mile from the start. Click here for a start area map showing these runner drop off locations.
- Important notes:
- Folsom Crossing Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic starting at 5:00 am.
- Access to Runner Drop Off on Folsom Auburn Road is via Douglas Ave.
- Access to Runner Drop Off on Folsom Lake Crossing is via East Natoma Ave.
- Due to potential traffic congestion, we encourage those being dropped off to arrive at least 1/2 hour before the 8 a.m. start time.
- There is no parking at the start area.
- Runners may also park at the finish line and use the 2-mile distance to the start line as a warm-up prior to the start of the race.
- Please carpool if at all possible!
Race Rules & Guidelines
- No one other than the runner who officially registered may use the bib number and timing chip issued to that runner. Transferring and/or selling of these items is illegal. It compromises the integrity of the results and may result in mishandling of emergency situations due to inaccurate competitor information. Anyone found guilty of this will be banned from entering future events.
- No entry fee refunds under any circumstances.
- No entry fee deferrals to a future event under any circumstances.
- No pets.
- No unregistered runners, walkers, or pacers.
- Wearing of headphones, ipods or Walkman-type radios is discouraged.
- No strollers, baby joggers, inline skates, bicycles.
- Race services are limited to a 3:30 finish time pace (a 16 min. per mile pace).
- Bib numbers must not be altered, should be worn on the front of the runner, and be clearly visible at all times.
- Timing chips
- Individual event runners must wear the timing chip securely attached to the top of the shoe.
- Relay runners must wear the timing chip on the ankle using the strap provided, no higher than six inches from the ground.
- After the race, if you did not return your timing chip at the finish or for any reason still have your timing chip, please place in a padded mailer and mail to:
Folsom Blues Breakout
120 Ponderosa Court
Folsom, CA 95630
- Your race bib will NOT be mailed to you; you must pick it up at Sports Authority (430 Palladio Parkway, Folsom) from 3 pm to 7 pm on Friday or from 11 am to 5 pm on Saturday.
- You may pick up a friend's packet.